GWR 4-coupled tender engines - MikeMorant
Powered by SmugMug Log In

Dean designed 'Bulldog' class GWR 4-4-0 no. 3331 was built in February 1900 entering service as no. 3343 Pegasus but was renumbered 3331 in 1912 and would be withdrawn at Taunton mpd in February 1934. This shot, according to the sleeve notes, was taken at Oxford in 1928. The locomotive front end at the left is one of the De Glehn compund atlantics and is probably no. 104 Alliance.
[Mike Morant collection]