GWR 4-coupled tender engines - MikeMorant
Powered by SmugMug Log In

What a shame that this engine didn't survive into the heritage era. Ex-MSWJR - Midland and South Western Junction Railway - 2-4-0 1335 was built by Dübs & Co for the MSWJR in 1894 and passed into GWR ownership with the grouping in 1923. She survived into BR ownership and was withdrawn from 81D Reading shed in 1952 by which time she had become something of a celebrity engine amongst we enthusiasts. This shot was taken much earlier in 1933 at Didcot shed.