South African industrial steam railways
Ex-South African Railways A-class 4-8-2T No. 115 at an ore loading station on Grootvlei Proprietary Mines system (near Springs, East Rand) in 1974. GVPM No. 2 had been built by Dubs & Co. [under Glasgow works number 2610/1890] for the Natal Government Railways (entering service as NGR No. 67). It had been purchased from SAR by the gold mining company in June 1937. In the distance, sister loco No. 3 can be seen hauling the hopper wagons beneath the discharge chutes.
[A.E. "Dusty" Durrant / Mike Morant collection]