Irish bog railways, Bord na Mona at Timahoe, during an REC visit in September 1957. The loco is LM 75, a Ruston 40DL, which still survives dumped on Lullymore Bog not that far from where it was first used at Timahoe Works.
The coach is a converted DUTC Leyland Royal Tiger Cub bus body, built by the DUTC in Inchicore in Dublin in the mid 1930s. BNM bought two such bodies from DUTC in about 1949 and mounted them up as shift coaches. Shift coaches were used to take out the workers to the working area and they were occasionally used for tours by visiting groups or enthusiasts.
[Mike Morant collection]