The loco in the foreground is believed to be Napier Harbour Board 2-4-0T no. D.576 . Ex-NZGR no. 576 was a Neilson product with works no. 2563 built in 1880 and was sold to the NHB in 1923 where it was used until 1960 and is now on display at Helensville Railway Station. Note the Fowler 0-4-0T in the background which, together with a sister engine, operated the 2.4 km line from Ahuriri to Breakwater.
Bob Hepburn / Mike Morant collection}