Recent uploads (M) - MikeMorant
Powered by SmugMug Log In

Whiteleggdesigned but LMS built Tilbury 4-4-2 tank no. 41975 at Uppingham station having arrived from Seaton on 13/6/59. the branch closed to passenger traffic on 13/6/60 bvut remained in use for goods traffic and school specials until 1/6/64. No. 41975 was built at Derby and entered LMS service as its no. 2157 in February 1930. Most of 41975's nationalised years were based in East5 London with a short period at Colchester but reallocation to Peterborough (Spital Bridge) in March 1958 would be its last move as withdrawal came in November 1959.
[Peter Reeves / Mike Morant collection]

41975Uppingham