Recent uploads (M) - MikeMorant
Powered by SmugMug Log In

Caledonian Railway, McIntosh designed '55' class 4-6-0 no. 51 in charge of a service from Oban drawing into the branch platform at Connel Ferry station. The island platform the photographer is standing on is the up main with the down main on the left hand side heading to Oban. When this picture was taken the station boasted 5 platforms and 2 signal boxes. The one depicted here is the west box which gave access to the Ballachulish branch. Sadly just a single platform survives.
No. 51 was built at St. Rollox in August 1905, became no. 14605 under L:MSR owneship and was withdrawn in February 1937 .
[Location notes provided by Facebook members]
[E. A. Gurney-Smith / Mike Morant collection]

ConnelFerry