New Holland Pier station and barely a trace of paint on the wooden buildings. The branch and station had been opened by the Manchester Sheffield and Lincolnshire Railway as far back as 1849 and connected the area south of the Humber by ferry with Hull on the north side. It became part of the GCR from 1899 and would be closed to passenger traffic, still in this forlorn state, on 24/6/81 when the Humber road bridge became operational.
The date for this negative was clearly wrong but it was probably taken shortly before closure. All was not lost, however, as the line is extant, the buildings have been refurbished and the site is occupied by a grain and animal feed business.
[Mike Morant collection]