LCGB: Poplar and Edgware tour 5/5/56
Gresley N2 0-6-2T no. 69506 at the former GNR Edgware station which had been closed for passenger traffic as far back as 1939 and would close completely in June 1964. 69506 was used for only the tour section Canonbury - Alexandra Palace - Edgware - Canonbury.
69506 was a Top Shed allocated engine when this shot was taken and was withdrawn from service at New England mpd in May 1961.
[Mike Morant collection]