Former LNER Y3 class 0-4-0 steam powered Sentinel bearing BR Civil Engineers Departmental no. 7 depicted at the Hall Hills sleeper depot 2 miles north of Boston in 1953. No. 7 entered service in September 1930 as LNER no. 49 and was renumbered 8166 in June 1946. This was subsequently augmented to 68166 under BR ownership in August 1948. Transfer to Departmental stock came in March 1953 and withdrawal at Boston mpd in May 1964 when the sleeper depot closed.
[Mike Morant collection]