LNER, double-framed, D12 class 4-4-0 no. 6466 at Annesley shed on 6/6/1926. This was a Sacré design for the Manchester Sheffield & Lincolnshire Railway built in September 1877 and classified as 6B with the fleet no. 430. The GCR, which had absorbed the MS&LR, put it on its duplicates list with the number 430B. Reclassified D12 and renumbered 6466 by the LNER, this loco was the penultimate member of the class to be withdrawn in October 1926 although the last survivor wasn't withdrawn until 1930.
Note the tender weatherboardwhich was fitted to some D12's after they were relegated to secondary duties in Lincolnshire in the 1890's.
[H. C. Casserley / Mike Morant collection]
Background notes: RCTS LNER Locos part 3B)