Recent uploads (S) - MikeMorant
Powered by SmugMug Log In

Maunsell/Wainwright 'L' class 4-4-0 no. 31760 in charge of the 10.46 Brighton - Chester service at Patcham in June 1958. This stock would be coupled at Redhill to the longer portion of this service originating at Ramsgate and depart westwards towards Guildford, Reading, Birmingham end, eventually, Birkenhead.
The 'L' class was known as 'Germans' because some were built by Borsig of Berlin but this example was one of the batch built by Beyer Peacock in August 1914.
[Mike Morant collection]

31760Patcham