GCR Robinson designed O4/3 class 2-8-0 no. 6498 at Cambridge where it was a resident from 1931 - 1942. This loco was built by Robert Stephenson & Hawthorn Ltd. In July 1918 and entered service with the ROD (Railway Operating Department) as its no. 1684. Purchased by the LNER in 1923 it was renumbered to 6498 as shown here. The LNER's 1946 renumbering scheme allocated the number 3701 which became BR 63701 in September 1950. Withdrawal came at Langwith Junction mpd in August 1965.
[Mike Morant collection]