GER Holden designed E4 class 2-4-0 no. 7407 at what is probably Cambridge. This loco has an interesting numbering history starting service as GER no. 1250 in June 1902 the first renumbering, as shown in this image, was applied by the LNER 1924. In November 1942 this was changed to 7791 followed by a further LNER change to 2792 in September 1946 and that was augmented by the addition of 60000 to the number by BR in January 1950. Weary of identity changes no. 62792 succumbed to withdrawal symptoms at Cambridge shed in June 1956.
[Mike Morant collection]